What is the Affordable Care Act and Why do I need to Enroll?
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), frequently referred to as Obamacare, was passed by Congress and signed into law on March 23, 2010.On October 1, 2013, open enrollment in The Federal Health Insurance Marketplace began for coverage starting as early as January 2014. The inital open enrollment period closes March 31, 2014.
A brief outline of each Title (or section), as well as the full text of the ACA can be found at The Affordable Care Act, Section by Section from the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
ACA – Affordable Care Act Resources on this page:
- The Affordable Care Act & You (PDF) – Getting coverage for Broward County
- Map of Broward County ACA Health Insurance Enrollment and Assistance Locations
- Kaiser Family Foundation ACA Resources
- The Official Affordable Care Act “Marketplace” Website
- Educational Videos about Healthcare Reform and Affordable Care Act Videos
The Affordable Care Act & You
This PDF Guide from The Broward partnership for enrollment in The Federal Health Insurance Marketplace makes it simple for Broward residents to find the best location for them to get informed and enroll!
Download the ACA & You Guide for Broward County
Health Insurance for Children
Broward County Map of ACA Health Insurance Enrollment Assistance Locations:
If you’re looking for locations in Broward County that provide Affordable Care Act (ACA) enrollment and assistance, start by reviewing the map below to locate the service provider closest to you.
Kaiser Family Foundation Affordable Care Act Resources for Consumers
- Video – The YouToons Get Ready for Obamacare: This animated video explains basic changes in how Americans can obtain health coverage in 2014
- The Affordable Care Act Subsidy Calculator: “This tool illustrates health insurance premiums and subsidies for people purchasing insurance on their own in new health insurance exchanges (or “Marketplaces”) created by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).”
- Frequently Asked Questions about Health Reform: This page contains a very in-depth and comprehensive list of Questions & Answers regarding Health Reform and the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Flowchart – Health Coverage Under the Affordable Care Act: this flowchart illustrates the mechanisms by which people will get health coverage beginning in 2014.
- Affordable Care Act Resources in Spanish – La Ley de Cuidado de Salud a Bajo Precio: Recursos para los Consumidores
The Official Healthcare.gov website:
This is the online Healthcare Marketplace to find health coverage that meets your needs and budget. Enroll by Dec. 23 for coverage starting as soon as January 1st, 2014.
Video – The Simplest Explanation of the Affordable Care Act Ever:
Healthcare reform 101 video:
Learn about the basics of the Affordable Care Act and how it impacts you.
For more information visit http://www.ncrefom101.com
Video – The Cost of Change: How the Affordable Care Act Impacts You:
The Affordable Care Act, or ACA, will be in full swing by January 2014. But many people still have questions about what the ACA is and how it will impact them. Understand how ACA could affect your coverage and costs, and learn about your options for finding a plan that’s right for you. BCBSNC is dedicated to helping you find an insurance plan that meets your needs and to keeping premiums as affordable as possible. To find out more, visit NCHealthReform.com